Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Book 79: Over in Australia

Over in Australia: Amazing Animals Down Under, written by Marianne Berkes, illustrated by Jill Dubin, Dawn Publications 2011.   Toddler to Preschool to Elementary

Marianne Berkes' books are an absolute delight to read. Not only are they entertaining, as all good pre-school books should be, they are extremely informative. Whenever I read one of her books, I, as well as my toddler, learn something. I can't even imagine how much research must go into these books. So when her newest book about Australia was released this year, I had to buy it. And, of course, have her sign it, because as I've mentioned before, she is very gracious about that.

The illustrators for her books are amazingly creative, especially for the "Over in..." books, using polymer clay for some titles and for this one, paper cuts. The depth created by these three dimensional media is rich and breathtakingly lovely.

Over in Australia, like the other "Over in..." previous titles is set to the tune of Over in the Meadow, so once you work it out for the first one, the following books pretty much fall into place. Over in Australia, also like the other "Over in...", is a beautiful book and an educational and fun (really!) read. I would recommend the entire series for any toddler/pre-schooler.



For other reviews on book to borrow, please see Louise's Blog in Blogs I Follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment