Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Book 284: Locomotive

Locomotive, by Brian Floca, Atheneum Books, 2013.

After Monday, January 27, 2013, I probably don't have to explain why I would buy this book.  (Congratulations, Brian), but I will tell you why I like this book and why we own it in its pre- shiny sticker state.

Trains and books are big at our house; so big, in fact, that when I first found out I was pregnant with my son, I bought books and my husband bought train sets -- the gender of the child was irrelevant.

Locomotive is an exquisitely illustrated book about... wait for it... trains.  It is also a beautifully written story about history.  Anyone remotely interested in trains, history, and beautiful books should own a copy of this book.

In a year packed with notable and truly excellent children's books, it is not surprisingly that this book rose to the top.






1 comment:

  1. What a great concept for a blog! I followed Barbara O'Connor's facebook post over here and got lost in the great books. A bit like walking down Memory Lane. (And this was one of my favorites of the year!)

    ReplyDelete