Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Friday, February 27, 2015

Book 415: The Cat in the Hat

The Cat in the Hat, by Dr. Seuss, Random House, 1957.


I've written about SO many books, that sometimes I miss the obvious.  I was planning to be a guest reader in my son's Kindergarten class this week, and read Dr. Seuss books -- only, after I packed my bag of books and my Thing 1 and Thing 2, my son became very sick and had to stay home all week.  Still, what a great time to re-read this classic.

I grew up on Dr. Seuss -- his books were pretty much written for my generation.  There were still a few "Dick and Jane" books around (with that character weirdly named 'Sim'), but "Dick and Jane" were work, and Dr. Seuss was fun.  And still is great fun.  And this, this perfect classic of Dr. Seuss, is the perfect book to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment