Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Book 483: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, by Dr. Seuss, Random House, 1957.


I can't believe I haven't written about this book before -- I even have Grinch Chucks!  And when I finally do, it would be in September, but there you go.  Maybe it's because I want to start wearing my Grinch Chucks in September.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can say about this book that hasn't already been said many times, so I will just tell you my favorite part:  Max the dog.  Even when the Grinch was at his Grinchiest, there was Max, faithful and true.  If the Grinch had just been paying the slightest bit of attention, he would have learned early on what love looked like.  Eventually the Grinch did learn, and there was Max, still faithful and true.






No comments:

Post a Comment