Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Book 527: Bedtime for Frances

Bedtime for Frances, written by Russell Hoban, illustrated by Garth Williams, HarperCollins, 1960.

This is one of the books my son would have had to read for his first grade class if we had started schooling at home at the beginning of the year instead of after the first quarter.  I'm rather glad he didn't read this book for a class.

Honestly, the book didn't bother me too much until the father threatened Frances, but then I had to look at the parents' past behavior to see the problem.  The parents indulged her over and over and over again, and, when they had enough, the father threatens her.  Not exactly great parenting.

So, even though we own this book right now, I will have no problem returning it to the online school.

(Great illustrations, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment