Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Monday, June 11, 2018

Book 629: Sir Cumference and the First Round Table

Sir Cumference and the First Round Table, written by Cindy Neuschwander, illustrated by Wayne Geehan, Charlesbridge, 1997.

I remember first discovering this books over ten years ago when I was working as a children's librarian.  At the time, I thought they were clever and were a fun way to introduce elementary school children to mathematical terms and ideas.  I still think all that.  The story isn't exactly brilliant, but it isn't bad, either.  And I do wish the book had taken the idea a little further to incorporate actual math, such as finding the circumference and the area of the circle.  But overall, this book still holds up quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment