Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Book 13: Top Cat

Book 13: Top Cat, by Lois Ehlert, Harcourt Brace & Company 1998.   Baby to Preschool.

The other day, my toddler pulled this book off his bookshelf for me to read to him. I'm not sure why he loves it so much, but I know why I do.

I bought this book years before I had my son. The wonderful dimensional illustrations look almost exactly like my cats -- just add a mustache to the black and white one and some speckles to the striped one -- and the story was almost exactly theirs. My cats, like the ones in the book, can go from hissing to kissing and back again in two seconds flat.

My toddler loves our cats, so maybe it isn't too surprising that he would also love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment