Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Book 8: Picasso and the Girl with the Ponytail

Book 8: Picasso and the Girl with the Ponytail, by Laurence Anholt, Barron's 1998.   Elementary

My friend, Louise Nottingham (Louise's Blog), recently reviewed this book for the library, and based on her recommendation, I bought this book. I don't always take advice, but this time I am glad I did.

"Picasso and the Girl with a Ponytail" is a sweet story with lovely and quirky illustrations. That is enough to like the book. What makes me love it is how it introduces an artist, art history and an art style in a way that make them all feel accessible to the reader.

Laurence Anholt has also written about Van Gogh and Degas. I will definitely be looking into adding those books to my son's library.

No comments:

Post a Comment