Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Book 94: Boom Chicka Rock

Books I Buy for Christmas:

Boom Chicka Rock, by John Archambault, illustrated by Suzanne Tanner Chitwood, Philomel Books 2004.  (Preschool)

A few weeks ago, my little boy checked out Chicka Chicka Boom Boom from the library. He loved the rhythm of the book. So I did a little research and found Boom Chicka Rock. Boom Chicka Rock used numbers like Chicka Chicka Boom Boom uses letters (that will be another review), and is every bit as silly and fun.

The illustrations are bright and intense, although a bit too rough for my taste. That doesn't mean they won't appeal to a three-year-old, because he often surprises me.

Anyway, I can't wait until I can read this little rhythmic gem to my son. After Christmas, of course.



For other reviews on books to borrow, please see Louise's Blog in Blogs I Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment