Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Book "series" for young readers -- 2

"Over in... " by Marianne Berkes and various artists.  (Toddler/Preschool/Early Elementary)

My first introduction to this "series" was a few years ago when Marianne Berkes visited the library where I worked.  I loved her and her books pretty much immediately; it would have been hard not to.  She is a former children's librarian turned children's author.  She took everything she learned about enjoying and sharing books and wrote books that can be enjoyed and shared.

I'll always have a soft spot for "Over in the Ocean" because that was only book in the series at that time and I was able to "help" her perform it at the library for a children's program.  But I love this whole series from "Ocean" to her newest, "Forest".  I never tire of singing them, which is fortunate, because my son wants to hear at least one "Over in..." at least once a day.  I should also add, that even though more than one artist illustrated this series, the chosen illustrator does an amazing job interpreting Marianne Berkes' text for each of the books.

Be sure to visit Marianne's website to see ALL of her wonderful books.

No comments:

Post a Comment