Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Book 168 -- Trucks Go Pop!


Trucks Go Pop! by Bob Staake, Little, Brown and Company, 2008.  Toddler, Preschool, Early Elementary.

I'm not really a truck person unless the truck is older than I am and has fat fenders.  I am, however, a big fan of really well-done pop-up books.  My little boy is a four-year-old boy and is a fan of anything that can go fast and make a lot of noise, and he was so enamored with Pets Go Pop! by Bob Staake, that it just made sense to buy Trucks Go Pop! as well.

Like Pets Go Pop!, the text is simple.  That is not a criticism.  The great thing about simple text is that after I read a book to my son two or three times, he can "read" it himself.  He is both learning to read and learning to love to read.

The star of this book is the amazing artwork and the mind-boggling paper engineering.  Two dimensional Bob Staake illustrations are pretty incredible.  Throw in that third dimension and you have something that is in-your-face brilliant.





No comments:

Post a Comment