Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Book 297: Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty

Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty, by Michael Teitelbaum and Sue DiCicco, Little Golden Books, 1997.

The other day, my five-year-old son watched Disney's Sleeping Beauty for the first time.  That night, he wanted me to read the LGB version of Sleeping Beauty to him.  I was happy to comply.

The text of this LGB, although abridged by necessity, follows the story of the movie pretty faithfully.  I don't actually mind straying too much, but since we had just seen the movie, I was happy that the book dovetailed with the movie so well.

Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney film for its sheer artistry.  I could get lost in those lush and lovely landscapes.  The book did a good job capturing the artistic feel of the movie; it would have taken another Mary Blair to have reproduced it entirely.










No comments:

Post a Comment