Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Book 323: A Scandal in Bohemia

A Scandal in Bohemia (Sherlock Holmes), by Sir Author Conan Doyle.


Last Tuesday, I had another hour to kill (probably the wrong word) while I was in the hospital waiting for my mom to have her scary heart test.  I had read all the magazines I brought, so I pulled out a Kindle and read this version of A Scandal in Bohemia.

I had recently watched Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia starring the delightfully weird Benedict Cumberbatch, so I wanted to see how one compared to the other.  The only line that seemed to date the original was the one about a married woman reaching for her child in the case of a fire.  Wisely, it was changed in the updated version. Still, it was a fun and diverting read.  I rather think that I would like to be called "The Woman".






No comments:

Post a Comment