Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Friday, December 26, 2014

Book 391: The Night Before Christmas (Eric Puybaret)

The Night Before Christmas, story by Clement C. Moore, illustrated by Eric Puybaret, Imagine/Peter Yarrow Books, 2010.


It's the day after Christmas and I'm reviewing The NIght Before Christmas, because that's just how I work.

I won't say anything about the text because it is perfect and everyone knows it.  The CD recording with this particular edition of the story was great and really fun to listen to.  The illustrations, however, are why I bought this version of the book (we own at least three others).

The illustrations in this version of the story are pure magic.  They are whimsical.  They are beautiful.  They are elegant.  They are SO very French.  Eric Puybaret's work only just recently popped up on my radar, but I definitely will be buying more books that he has illustrated.



No comments:

Post a Comment