Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Friday, July 2, 2010

Book 58: It's A Colorful World!

Book 58: It's A Colorful World!, by Todd Parr, Discovery Kids 2006 (board book).  Baby to Toddler

This is the last of the books that I pulled from my son's stack to review when I was repairing them. And this is the book he's probably been missing the most.

It's A Colorful World! is not a paragon of brilliant writing, but for a toddler who likes to "read" books himself, it's probably even better. Not surprisingly, It's A Colorful World! is a colorful book. It also is the best lift-the-flap book I've encountered.

The pages of this board book are about one-an-a-half times to twice as thick as a regular board book. That makes the flaps almost as thick as a regular board board and strong enough to withstand repeated (read "endless") lifting. I'm not sure if my son understands how the pictures change when he lifts the flap, but he giggles all the same. I love his giggle, so, therefore, I love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment