Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Friday, June 18, 2010

Book 51: Great Children's Stories

Book 51: Great Children's Stories, illustrated by Frederick Richardson.   Preschool to Elementary

Just like I can't remember all the nursery rhymes I learned as a child, I can't remember all the children's stories I learned, either. Not so much the fairy tales -- I have volumes of those -- but the folk tales and fables. So when I found this book shortly after my son was born, I snatched it up. And I'm not sorry I did.

It is not a huge collection. There are just seventeen tales in the volume. But it is a well-represented collection, with a little bit of everything. And the illustrations are charming in that very turn-of-the-twentieth-century, Art Nouveau, way.

No comments:

Post a Comment