Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fourth book: Who Hops?

Fourth book: Who Hops? by Katie Davis, Harcourt Brace & Company, 1998 Toddler, Preschooler.

The first thing you notice about Katie Davis is her fantastic smile. It is gigantic and genuine. It is so broad that her eyes twinkle. Clearly, this is a woman who loves to laugh, and by extension, make others laugh. With her book, "Who Hops?", Katie Davis has achieved this goal.

I don't know if it's because of the brilliant (as in colorful and clever) illustrations, or because of the wonderful silliness of this book, but every time I read this book to my one-year-old son, he lets loose with a great, big belly laugh. Because his laugh is one of my favorite sounds, this book has become one of my favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment