Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Monday, May 3, 2010

Book 22 -- Part Dos

Book 22 -- Part Dos: Como iremos a la playa?

About a month ago I reviewed How will We Get to the Beach by Brigitte Luciani and illustrated by Eve Tharlet. Someone read that review (Thank you!), commented (Thank you! Thank you!) and told me about a bilingual version of the book (Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!). I had hoped to find a French/English version. I did not, but I did find a Spanish/English version.

Truth be told, this book is so far beyond my second-grade Spanish, I have no hope of reading it through without first studying Spanish. The items, however, I can manage, so I will concentrate on those when I read this book. My intention is to introduce my toddler to a second (or third or fourth) language, not to make him fluent. So this book serves that purpose. It is a great book to read in English, so adding those few Spanish words does not make it cumbersome.

No comments:

Post a Comment