Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Monday, May 31, 2010

Book 39: The Cat Came Back

Book 39: The Cat Came Back, by Fred Penner, illustrated by Renee Reichert, Roaring Brook Press, 2005.   Toddler to Preschool to early elementary.

This book triples the national average of books owned by a child, and I'm not even halfway through the books in my son's room.

The Cat Came Back is a song/story, although the verses are not from the version I am most familiar. However, I think I actually like them a bit better. They still are silly and become progressively sillier, but somehow, they start out kinder, more humane. Anyway, it's still a funny book.

The illustrations for this version are extremely rich and color-drenched, and, yes, silly, although the last one, my favorite, is quite sweet. This book is an overall winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment