Young Reader in the Making

Young Reader in the Making

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Book 215: The Little Red Caboose

The Little Red Caboose, written by Marian Potter, pictures by Tibor Gergely, Little Golden Book, 1953.  Preschool to Early Elementary.

I bought this book for my young son because I remembered having a copy when I was a kid (no, it wasn't a first edition copy).  And also because my son has caught my husband's train-craziness.

This book is about the perfect length for reading to Preschoolers.  The text per illustrations is pretty light, and, while longer in places, the additional length adds emphasis.  It is easy to understand the caboose's internal and external conflict, and, therefore, both resolutions.

The artwork is stunning, which is what I remembered about my copy.  It is absolutely perfect for young train-lovers.







No comments:

Post a Comment